We run our events at the end of the working day, usually mid month. Events are participative and informative allowing members to take newly acquired knowledge back to their workplace.
At our events, we meet to update our members on issues of current interest in the world of people management and development with lively and interactive sessions with renowned speakers and subject experts. Our members also get a chance to meet and talk to other HR professionals in a relaxed and friendly environment.
During 2019 we will include some high profile and eminent speakers from within the profession and public life and we also will be holding debates at King’s College, London and CASS Business School. We also list our recent events to give you a flavour of the topics we have covered. For many of our events you can download the presentation or other relevant information.
We welcome suggestions for future events or perhaps you know a potential speaker for a future event. If so please contact us.
- The people story at the world’s largest international broadband and pay-TV company - 24th September 2019 - 6:15 pm - 8:45 pm
- How can the CEO and HR be good bedfellows? - 15th October 2019 - 6:15 pm - 8:45 pm
- Gate Gourmet - an ever-Changing Menu - 18th January 2018 - 6:15 pm - 8:30 pm
- Musical Leadership, Teamwork & Innovation - 21st February 2018 - 6:00 pm - 8:15 pm
- A unique perspective on wellbeing! - 14th March 2018 - 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- What does it take to be an entrepreneur? And how can you recruit and retain them? - 19th April 2018 - 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Gender Pay & Equal Pay - 16th May 2018 - 6:15 pm - 8:30 pm
- Inclusion - the new competitive advantage - 21st June 2018 - 6:15 pm - 8:30 pm
- The HR Summer Party - 18th July 2018 - 6:15 am - 8:30 am
- Personal Branding: It’s More Than Self-Promotion - 12th September 2018 - 6:15 am - 8:30 am
- Managing change in today’s rail industry - 17th October 2018 - 6:15 am - 8:45 am
- Ensuring Employee Recognition - 14th November 2018 - 6:15 pm - 8:45 pm
- The London HR Connection Xmas Special - 5th December 2018 - 6:15 pm - 8:45 pm
- The Employee Voice at BP - 22nd January 2019 - 6:15 pm - 8:30 pm
- Agile working at River Island - 26th February 2019 - 6:15 pm - 8:45 pm
- Brexit planning; where are you now and contingency planning for the next phase - 21st March 2019 - 6:15 pm - 8:45 pm
- The Employee Experience Journey at Rolls Royce - 10th April 2019 - 6:15 pm - 8:45 pm
- How can HR make a genuine commercial impact? - 22nd May 2019 - 6:15 pm - 8:45 pm
- “For every business that gets it, there’s one that can’t spell lesbian” - 13th June 2019 - 6:15 pm - 8:45 pm
- HR on the Board? - 9th July 2019 - 6:15 pm
Orchestral Conductor, Jazz Musician, Founder & CEO of Music & Management Ltd.
It was a privilege to be invited to address the London HR Connection. Clearly an amazing organisation representing the very best people development professionals. My speech about music as a metaphor for leadership, collaboration and innovation within business resonated with the audience. This was reflected in the questions and comments afterwards, as well as being asked to work with several of the companies represented.
An executive coach
Events and networking can sometimes seem like too much effort. The LHRC is different and is well worth the investment in time and effort. A great chance to learn, meet kindred spirits and laugh too.
I just wanted to reach out and say a big thank you to you and the team. I must admit it was perhaps one of the most enjoyable networking events I have been to for a while - both on a personal and professional level. Time and energy is finite and choosing groups that make sense and support keeping oneself professionally relevant is key. You guys certainly achieved that for me.
Deputy Head of HR: Engagement - The British Museum
At the British Museum we’ve been corporate members of the LHRC since 2006. The forum is a fantastic way of keeping up to date with the latest issues and developments in the field, but also of making those connections that might not always be so easy to come by within our own sector.
Director – Head of Employee Screening The Risk Advisory Group plc
My colleagues and I have attended many events over the years We’ve found them to be topical, focused and very informative Excellent networking with industry professionals.
Business Psychologist - Art of Reinvention
The LHRC is a dynamic forum in which I’ve met some very interesting people, been introduced to a number of potential business contacts, attended thought-provoking and educational debates. I commend the group to any HR practitioners and suppliers who want to expand their professional network.
Tips on Networking
Prepare some conversation lines if you’re worried about ‘sticky silences’. Try offering two topic choices, e.g. ‘do you know many people here or are you a newcomer like me?’
Think about your posture, levels of eye contact, facial expressions and your handshake. These all influence peoples’ perception of you and give off signals as to how confident and engaged you are.
As soon as you leave, begin thinking about how you’ll follow-up new contacts. Take a few notes on who you met, and ensure you follow up within three days of the event.